If you're still thinking where to go next month, why don't you try Forest Trekking Adventure c/o Sandari Batulao with family and friends. Sandari Batulao is a 800-hectare promising housing develeopment at the foot of Mount Batulao in Nasugbu Batangas. What's good about them is they tend to promote the different plants species, shrubs, and gigantic trees. A forest guide will be on hand to facilitate the trek, provide information about the plant life within the habitat and help maintain the safety of the participants. The event is free, no registration fee for joining so take this opportunity to embrace the lush & green picturesque view of Mount Batulao.
HOW TO GET THERE:
Located at Km77, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas and 10 minutes away from Metro Tagaytay, along the Nasugbu-Tagaytay Tourism National Highway, Sandari Batulao is just an hour and a half drive from Makati via the South Luzon Expressway, through Sta. Rosa Exit.
WHERE TO EAT AFTER THE TREK:
• Bawai’s at Sandari – A Vietnamese kusina inside Sandari Batulao for a taste of authentic Asian flavors
• Sandari View Deck – Bring your own hearty lunch and spread a blanket under the tents overlooking Mt. Batulao for a cozy family picnic
• Roadside Eateries near Evercrest Golf Club – For the adventurous ones wishing to sample affordable home-cooked Batangas fare
1. Assembly will be at Nalé, Sandari Batulao, at 9:00 a.m.
2. Participants will be asked to sign a waiver before they will be allowed to join the trek.
3. Pregnant women, people with heart ailments and those with health conditions that forbid strenuous activities will not be permitted to join the trek.
4. Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes. Slippers and high heels are not advisable. Long sleeved shirts and long pants are recommended to protect trekkers from protruding tree branches along the trail.
5. Participants are advised to wear insect repellent lotion.
6. Participants are advised to bring drinking water.
7. Smoking and littering are strictly forbidden inside the Sandari forest. Likewise, participants are not allowed to pick and take home flowers, leaves and other such items from the forest.
To join, simply visit Sandari Batulao’s Official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/official.sandari.batulao) to register. They may also call 817-5876 or 894-3019 or visit http://www.sandaribatulao.com/ for more details.